IN THIS EPISODE
Karen R. Koenig, LCSW, M.Ed., is a psychotherapist, international, award-winning author, and popular blogger. She has treated dysregulated eaters for 30-plus years. Her books include The Rules of “Normal” Eating, The Food and Feelings Workbook, Outsmarting Overeating, Starting Monday, and Words to Eat By. She lives and practices in Sarasota, Florida and can be found at http://www.karenrkoenig.com.
We discuss topics including:
- The importance of understanding “normal” eating
- The development of patience, perseverance and curiosity
- The “weight desire” is based on our culture
- Using the power of self-talk
- Learning how to use the word “want” instead of “should”
- (book) The Rules of “Normal” Eating
- (book) The Food and Feelings Workbook
- (book) Nice Girls Finish Fat
- (book) What Every Therapist Needs to Know about Treating Eating and Weight Issues
- (book) Starting Monday
- (book) Outsmarting Overeating
- (book) Helping Patients Outsmart Overeating
- (book) Words to Eat By
If you have any questions regarding the topics discussed on this podcast, please reach out to Robyn directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes and subscribe.
Visit Robyn’s private practice website where you can subscribe to her free monthly insight newsletter, and receive your FREE GUIDE “Maximizing Your Time with Those Struggling with an Eating Disorder”.
For more information on Robyn’s book “The Eating Disorder Trap”, please visit the Official “The Eating Disorder Trap” Website.
“The Eating Disorder Trap” is also available for purchase on Amazon.