IN THIS EPISODE
Dr. Dennis Gibson is a certified eating disorders specialist and serves as the Medical Director at The ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders & Severe Malnutrition at Denver Health. Dr. Gibson completed his undergraduate training at Albion College in Michigan and earned his medical degree at Southern Illinois University. He completed his internal medicine residency at the University of South Florida and is board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Gibson is a valued member of the ACUTE team and has an advanced background in psychology and medicine which has led him to specialize in eating disorders and the resultant medical complications. He has a significant number of publications discussing the various medical complications associated with malnutrition and is constantly thinking up new research projects on the ACUTE unit.
We discuss topics including:
- What electrolytes can be normal?
- What is SIDAH?
- Understanding low sodium levels and high sodium levels
- The role of Aldosterone
- Understanding low potassium levels
- Understanding low magnesium levels
- The role of phosphorous
- Visit www.acute.org to meet ACUTE’s medical and behavioral experts and downloadable brochures
- For more information on ACUTE, questions for Dr. Mehler or complimentary CE events: contact Renee Hartmann, Provider Relationship Manager for ACUTE at 720-827-2842 or email@example.com
- To make a referral: call admissions at 877-228-8348
- (book) The Eating Disorder Trap
If you have any questions regarding the topics discussed on this podcast, please reach out to Robyn directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes and subscribe.
Visit Robyn’s private practice website where you can subscribe to her free monthly insight newsletter, and receive your FREE GUIDE “Maximizing Your Time with Those Struggling with an Eating Disorder”.
For more information on Robyn’s book “The Eating Disorder Trap”, please visit the Official “The Eating Disorder Trap” Website.
“The Eating Disorder Trap” is also available for purchase on Amazon.