IN THIS EPISODE
Linda and Jack published their book, “Emilee: The Story of a Girl and Her Family Hijacked by Anorexia” after the devastating loss of their 35- year-old daughter to an eating disorder. They believe Emilee’s powerful story illuminates the things that must change. Their advocacy mission includes spreading awareness, understanding, and compassion for individuals who suffer from anorexia, eating disorders, alcohol use disorder, substance use disorder, and all mental illnesses. Linda and Jack serve on the community advisory board for the Western New York Comprehensive Care Center for Eating Disorders.
They advocate for comprehensive treatment for eating disorders, improved insurance coverage, funding, and research, in Rochester, New York, Albany, New York, and Washington, D.C. They also serve on the Rochester Regional Homecare and Hospice Advisory Committee.
Linda and Jack, along with fellow advocate, Ellen Bennett, host the podcast, “Once Shattered: Picking Up the Pieces.
We discuss topics including:
- The limited knowledge of eating disorders within health care providers
- The problems with insurance companies
- The advocacy work assisting adults who have eating disorders
- The importance of keeping a relationship with your loved one who has an eating disorder
- Project Echo: https://nyeatingdisorders.org/sb-echo.html
- Emilee – The Story of a Girl and her Family Hijacked by Anorexia (book): https://www.amazon.com/dp/170092012X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_8PHJ8YGZNK3YP7B12RXK
- Once Shattered: Picking up the Pieces (podcast): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/once-shattered-picking-up-the-pieces/id1576543501
If you have any questions regarding the topics discussed on this podcast, please reach out to Robyn directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes and subscribe.
Visit Robyn’s private practice website where you can subscribe to her free monthly insight newsletter, and receive your FREE GUIDE “Maximizing Your Time with Those Struggling with an Eating Disorder”.
For more information on Robyn’s book “The Eating Disorder Trap”, please visit the Official “The Eating Disorder Trap” Website.
“The Eating Disorder Trap” is also available for purchase on Amazon.